Sunday, May 9, 2010

May

May has been typical. Wind, wind, wind and you got it more wind on the way. The flying scene in Arizona has really taken of in the last few years. The Phoenix group has grown to a Phoenix sized group of good pilots and a few hacks. I have been trying to link up with a few of them and fly but this damn wind keeps getting in the way. I really enjoy flying with good pilots from other places and think that it is a great way to learn skills you may not realize until you see them in a different light. Stay tuned as summer is on the way and I'm hoping for great things this season. We are seeing some big numbers go up on marginal days. I'm excited to see what happens on the right day. It used to be that with such a small community good days were rarely capitalized on. Now with more good pilots with different schedules anything could happen on any day. I think we will see a new state record this year. I think it could happen at any site on the right day as long as there is a pilot ready to send it. I hope its me. I would like 100+ from The Craters but we'll just see how the cards fall. If I get 100+ from another site I won't be complaining. Yet they may not fall in my favor and its still exciting to see this change in the AZ scene. Good luck boys and girls!

No comments: